Friday, October 31, 2008

Eastford Fire Station

Well, driving home from the trunk-or-treat I noticed the lights were on and the doors open at the Eastford Fire Station, so I turned around and we parked and went inside. The firefighters were handing out candy and icecream and Ethan thought it was the greatest thing! He was so happy and enthusiastic about everything, they ended up letting him sit in ALL the firetrucks, turn the lights on and off, try on a real fireman's hat, and even brought us more icecream and we had a picnic in the back of one of the trucks.

At one point I asked Ethan if he was ready to get in my car, he shook his hard and said "no no no no no no no." Then I asked if he was going to spend the night there, to which he replied "yes...bye bye mamma!" I can't even begin to tell you what a great time Ethan had, climbing in and out of all those trucks. He sat in a cab, said "mamma up" patting the drivers seat, so I got up and behind the wheel, then he said "mamma go" as in lets drive this thing home!!! Seriously we stayed for about 45 minutes and I had to trick him into my arms and carry him to my car to get him to leave. They loved having him there and said anytime we drive by and someone's there to stop in and say hi and let Ethan see the trucks again. Here are some pictures...




No comments: