Sunday, July 26, 2009

2009 Danskin Triathlon


Today I finished the New England Danskin Triathlon in 1 hour and 35 minutes, 10 minutes faster than last year. There were nearly 3000 entrants, my swim time was ranked 286, I was 839 overall. I was really happy just to be able to finish, as I am recovering from a pulled hamstring.

The swim was longer than last year, and I just took it at a comfortable pace, and was passing people who started in the waves ahead of me. The bike went really well, I averaged 15.4 MPH, and the run was OK, my pace was 10:49 per mile. I was very greatful my fervant prayers were answered and the storm clouds that were threatening as we started the swim parted and the sun came out by the end of the bike.

My dad came in the night before, and it was really great to see him, Nathan, and Ethan as I finished the bike course and did the run loop. I loved hearing Ethan shout "Run mommy run!" Seriously that kept me going the last mile of the run.

No comments: