Friday, January 16, 2009

Monkey Business

Aunties Mary Beth and Jessica had fun shopping for their favorite nephew. A box full of cute clothes arrived yesterday. On top was an unfamiliar object. What on earth was this I wondered as I picked it up.

I untied the ribbon and unrolled the bundle of material to reveal crayons. How cute I thought, but a bit odd since boxes work just fine. Then the real beauty of this Relief Society Enrichment project that Mary Beth had sewn hit...Ethan could turn this upside down and shake it but the crayons wouldn't fall out. Genius! This is my new favorite thing. I believe this little gem will accompany us to church and on road trips for years to come. Thank you Mary Beth!

Ethan was very excited to see the Curious George pajamas and hooded sweatshirt as he emptied the box. "OOO-OOO" he said mimicking the monkey sound. Then "Curious George" I think that was the first time he said it. The jammies are a little big right now, but we promised Mary Beth and Jessie he'd wear them and we'd take pictures...so here he is tonight, helping me fold laundry as only he can do it. To start, Ethan selects the chair nearest my laundry basket.

Next he jumps into the basket.

Then he rocks the basket, front to back and side to side until he has tumbled out a few times.


Nap time in the laundry basket!


OK in other news, when I went to the pool this morning there was ice in my swim cap! I had left it in the car. Also Ethan saw older children using child safe scissors in childwatch at the Y, and kept asking to use them-calling them by name and everything. Since he supposedly can't cut himself they let him have a pair and after some trying managed to cut some paper up. All of a sudden he grabbed a bunch of his hair and had the scissors up there trying to cut it!!! Yikes-luckily they didn't cut his hair. So, no unsupervised scissors for Ethan.

No comments: