Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Pysanky!!!

This morning I went over to my friend Jenny Elliot's home to learn how to make Ukrainian Easter Eggs, or Pysanky. You use a stylus full of wax that you heat over a candle and decorate the egg, then you dip it in dye, and repeat. About 12 times. I did not catch anything on fire, and I guess they don't have much to do in the Ukraine. Gwen Adzima and Jenny answered all my questions and helped me get started. An hour later this was the result....

You can learn more about Pysanky here, check out the pictures, they are amazing!

3 comments:

King Family said...

Wow, I'm impressed!

Megan said...

It's beautiful! This is Meg Caswell. Found you through the Kings. I LOVE blogs, so happy I found all the ward members!

Jenny said...

Cool playlist, Crystal. It's very fun to listen to, makes me want to move!