Monday, December 29, 2008

Hey-what's that noise?

Tonight as I'm making dinner I can hear Ethan playing cars in the living room. Then I hear a strange noise...like a maracca being shaken. I'm not alarmed since I know Ethan has maracas-not the same ones that sent him to the emergency room last year-but that is a different story. Then I hear an excited "Yay! Did it!!!" and I drop what I'm doing and run to the living room.

Somehow my child had retrieved a ziploc bag full of hard red wheat from the pantry, which I must not have locked after I grabbed what I needed from dinner. That maraca-like sound had been him shaking the bag enthusiasticly around the living room. Then he opened it and the real fun began. I have wheat kernals everywhere. Ethan is gleefully running his fingers through the stuff and then scooping it up and letting it fall, further aiding in the dispersal process. I am sure he is getting a great tactile sensory learning experience but I cut it short and retrieve the vacuum. Even with the Kirby, it took 45 minutes to get all those kernals. I have a feeling though, that they are like fallen pine needles from the Christmas tree and will be turning up in all sorts of places for the next few months.


Ethan helps clean up.

No comments: