Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Pool Fun

So I was NOT the slowest person in my age group at the big swim meet-but lets just say I need to swim 5 seconds paster per 25 meters to be really fast. I am a bit bummed about mutual moving to Tuesday nights as I will miss the masters practice with Molly-we usually swim a good workout then spend a few minutes at the end working on something, the other week it was diving off the blocks to get ready for the meet(did you know that once they say take your marks you CAN"T move after that or you'll be DQed, neither did I, good thing to find out before the meet)anyways last night was working on the butterfly which is the hardest stroke. Turns out I do the kicking/wavelike body motion pretty well-Molly has the others watch me as I did it. Adding the arms to the equation was hard trying to figure out timing, breathing, ect. Oh well its good to have something to be working on. At least I can still make the 6:15 practices with Jack Wednesday and Friday mornings-but we hardly ever get to work on neat things-most everyone at those practices are experienced swimmers and we do workouts focusing on stamina, spped and strength, not techniques. Perhaps I can figure out a way to make it on Tuesday nights sometimes.

No comments: