Saturday, December 13, 2008

My first swim meet!


So I've been swimming with the master's swim team at the YMCA since September, and I decided to try a swim meet! I did the women's 50 meter freestyle at the New England short course meters championships. There were over 600 swimmers, most from New England but some lady from San Diego flew in and set a world record in the Butterfly right before my event. I think there were a couple of world records set, they'd announce whenever that happened. The pool was huge-this is a shot of warm-up before the meet began-that's the competition pool with 10 lanes! In the upper right hand corner is the warm-up/cool down pool. There were 136 woman in my event, so we went in 14 heats. I was heat 3, lane 8. I think I swam it in 42 seconds-I couldn't wear my contacts because my eyes were all red when I woke up-that was a bummer. I'll update this with the real time and results for my age group when its posted online. Unless I came in last in my age group-which could happen-I'm new at this, remember-in which case I'll just "forget" that update.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

That's hilarious. I am sure you will not be last! I think it is so cool of you to compete!