Monday, February 23, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Wow am I so happy to be home! Ethan was great on the road trip and had fun at Grandma's home. Snow was our constant companion, so what I've learned is that people in Pennsylvania have no clue how to drive in it(2 huge accidents and delays when we went through) while Canada is used to it so roads are plowed better, people drive slower, which = no accidents/delays. We saw the mists over Niagara Falls as the sun was setting-it was very pretty. Ethan knew this trip was an adventure, so at completely random moments throughout the last 10 days he yells "Lakes, Rocks, Waterfall!" Dora-style.

When we left we were expecting a funeral Monday or Tuesday, when we arrived 19 hours later we found out the family was doing two days worth of funeral stuff, so a serious scramble for more clothes ensued. This was like the Never-ending Funeral. On Tuesday there was an afternoon viewing, an evening viewing, then a Rosary. Wednesday was the mass, luncheon(there was only cake and fruit) then the graveside service.
Here are some pics of my parents and Ethan at the luncheon. I think this is the first time I've seen my dad wear a tie-looks pretty good on you, Dad!


Can I just say, if you ever go to a Catholic funeral mass, sit in the back. The waaay back. That incense stuff is STRONG!!!!!

No comments: