Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Red-Shouldered Hawks!

This morning I was driving down Dodge Road to go up to Southbridge and get gasoline before heading over to the YMCA. Ethan and I slowed down to admire the Frank Lloyd Wright style home, then stopped on the little bridge to see if there was any ducks in the swampy area. Lovely thing about living out in the sticks, I can usually just stop my car and watch a bird for a few minutes. Ethan gets into it also, wanting to look through my binoculars when I'm finished. Anyways there were no ducks, but there was a pair of hawks sitting next to each other on a tree branch about 20 feet over the water. They were a beautiful golden brown color, with white bands on the tail, and light rufous underparts. Here is a picture, again taken by John Schwarz of birdpix.

No comments: